Surf and Turf

7/29/2011

Happy Birthday David!

Today we celebrated David's 54th birthday. We grilled steaks for dinner and then we had the obligatory picture with the cake. {And no, I don't believe in putting 54 candles on a cake. After 13 years old, it's ridiculous.}


And the obligatory 'blowing out the candles' picture.



Then he opened presents. He got gift certificates to Cafe Rio, Outback, and Applebees, new wing-tip shoes, running shorts, and DVD's.
I don't think he's looking any older; in fact, he keeps getting even more handsome every year. And I'm not just saying that because he's the one holding the gift cards to yummy restaurants. No sir-ee bob. It is true! And I'm the lucky one. Happy Birthday to my favorite person in the whole world!

From David: I am married to the most wonderful girl in the world. She makes silly celebrations like birthdays amazingly fun, even for an old guy. And by the way, it was the best cake I have ever had.


3 comments:

  1. Aww this is cute. :) Glad you had a good birthday dad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, lots of restaurants! and that cake looks awesome. happy bday dad. (from cheri)

    ReplyDelete
  3. really cute
    -Chad Adams

    ReplyDelete