Surf and Turf

8/18/2012

August


David and Adam went on the stake scout trip to Havasupi. (Grand Canyon -- 2nd time they've made this trip)   They hiked in 10 miles (downhill) with heavy packs.  Adam was in charge of four 12 year olds from another ward since they didn't have a leader.  He has a better appreciation for Scout Masters now.  They had a great time swimming in the "pools" and jumping from waterfalls.   Four days later they hiked back out.  They hiked in the evening to avoid the hottest part of the day. The plan was to sleep at the cars that last night and come on home Saturday morning.   They were so happy to get home.  Oooh -- hot showers, ice cold drinking water, and soft beds.  Heaven.


While the guys were gone, my friend Nancy came down from Santa Barbara and we celebrated her birthday.  She stayed 4 days.  We shopped (I have the cutest Halloween ornaments now!) and she even went to the beach one day with me.  I was off work because my boss was also in Havasupi with the scouts.  For a couple of days that I had alone, I splurged and went for a massage and facial.  I know -- rough life.   Oh - and Nancy brought her shaved ice machine.  I may need one of those in the future.  Need.  In the near future.
August 18th.  Adam's 23rd birthday.  He spent the day painting the house and working out at Gold's Gym with a friend.  The missionaries and one of his friends came for dinner and cake.
Happy Birthday Adam!


2 comments:

  1. Haha, that 23rd bday cake looks just like Tyler's SIX year old cake! :)
    Is it still singing out in your garbage can???

    ReplyDelete