Surf and Turf

5/26/2011

YW class


As you can see, the YW lesson last week was on Temple Marriage. Because I believe that this is the lesson of the year, I wanted it to be different and more special. So David helped me set up the "classroom" on the stage last Saturday. {Okay, he did all the lifting, chair set-up, and getting tables for me. I did all the girly stuff.} There was also another table in there with the leaders' wedding albums and pictures on it and the girls loved looking through those. The stake YW president came and briefly told her story about how grateful she is for temple blessings. Her husband died in 1989 and she was left with 5 young girls. As sad as that was (is), she is confident in her eternal perspective because they chose to marry in the right place. It was a powerful lesson for those girls.
Those wedding dresses hanging up are Carly's and mine. I thought mine was pretty white until I held it up next to Carly's. That's what 31 years will do! (It's actually not as yellow as this picture makes it out to be.)
Part two of this lesson continues this Sunday -- preparing to become an eternal companion -- but it won't be as "showy" as this one was. I have to say, it was fun preparing for.

1 comment: