Surf and Turf

5/25/2010

Leopard Print (don't get me started)



So, when does "being prepared" turn into an "over-the-top, totally planned, fanatical, organized, methodical, (okay David! I get it already!!) obsession?" When I first chose a theme for our Girls Weekend and told my daughters, they laughed. "You're having a PRINT for a theme??" Yup. And once I had that, leopard just starting popping out at me everywhere. "Buy me!" it would say. {growl?} And not wanting to make it feel neglected, I did. Suddenly the house was being taken over. I bought pillow cases, pj's & slippers, a beach towel, a swimming suit, tissue boxes, Japanese lanterns, table runner, cupcake liners, boxes, soap and lotion dispensers, dish towels, dishes, even balloons in the leopard print. {And those are just the first few things I thought of right now.} David even gave me the cutest purse in leopard for Mother's Day. And he gave it to me three days early so I could have it for the whole weekend. Score!! (And by the way, I already had a few outfits in the requisite print to wear something new every day. I knew you'd be wondering.)

This is me and my girls. Nothing says "bonding!" quite like leopard print. And do you love Cheri's maternity blouse? Her husband even asked her: "Are you wearing that to the airport??" {He's learning fast though, with me as a mother-in-law.} Carly went out to breakfast with her fiance that morning before flying to L.A. and TWICE the waitress commented on how cute her shirt was.

So I've already thought of a theme for next year -- and no, honey, it's not "diamonds." But having a whole year to prepare might not be a good idea either.. . .you know how "obsessed" I can get . . . . .

6 comments:

  1. Uh, that is NOT a "blouse." :)

    I don't know how you can top this year's theme, but I'll be excited to hear all about it as it gets closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and dad...can you photoshop my fat pregnant face? Gag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come it's not going to be 'diamonds?' That sounds like an AWESOME idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't complain, I got a new zebra purse out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So this is where you got your idea for your obsession to extend to my home interior in the form of a fushcia leopard print sofa. Did I get that right??? That would totally be going over the top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheryl -- either you can get it on your own or have it "gotten' for you. Your choice.

    ReplyDelete